There has been recent debate on some other sites regarding the uniqueness and importance of various states within the United States, specifically Texas, versus some other state up North. Here is my contribution. Does your state have such interesting defining characteristics?
You're from Texas if...
1. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Mexia, Waco, and Amarillo.Pshaw! Try "Nacogdoches"!
2. You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel cloud.Why else would they blow that horn?
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.Every day on the way to school!
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
10. You measure distance in minutes.
11. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.Like funerals, where you wear your overalls.
12. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
13. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.Who DOESN'T do this???
14. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.Okay, okay! He was a high school coach.
15. You have known someone who has had one belt buckle bigger than your fist.
16. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
17. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.And apparently, after this weekend's experience, baby cribs, also.
18. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
19. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F350 4x4 is.
20. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
21. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
22. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin'" to send them to your friends.Why don't other people say fixin' to, too??? It really does make sense, y'all!
23. You are 100% Texan if you have ever heard/had this conversation:
"You wanna coke?"
"Dr.Pepper."Mmmkay, I don't do this, but I know people who do!